Thursday, September 12, 2019

Playlist Stalking

M U S I C.

It's been on my mind. I think I learn about someone by the music they listen to... and especially the playlists they create. Playlist stalking is a new hobby I've been exploring. I follow a few of my friends on Spotify and recently I have been snooping through their public playlists. (Don't tell on me!) Hours have faded away listening to the playlists of other humans.

Music tells a story that is deeper than what someone can share. That's what I love about this newfound hobby. I feel as if I am reading someone's diary without having to endure the details. Music is personal without being invasive. The general concept of someone's lives is outlined through the melodies and the message of the song's words. Their soul flows through the music they listen to.

Some songs make me feel so intensely that music doesn't seem real. How is it possible that the words sung by a human I've never met make emotions that have been stored in the deepest parts of my soul shine. This is what I'm thinking about on a Thursday afternoon. I don't have much else to do anyway. I discovered a song that someone else has emotional ties to and I find myself loving that song- wanting to hold it, and I think of how the other person listening to that song is maybe, feelings something similar.

Music is powerful and I guess that's why I've been loving listening to the songs others have been listening to. I'm trying to find similarities and connections in a world that I've felt is lacking those things. I'm secretly looking for people with souls like mine but I'm too scared to admit to doing that out loud and in obvious ways. I look for deeper in the things people chose to place into their lives like music.

Playlists being little chapters of someone's life-- that I will uncover in secret. 

2 comments

  1. Music is SO unreal and there are constantly new songs that remind me how amazing it is! I also love the idea of playlist stalking because I think we are all a little guilty of that, please share yours! ♡

    ReplyDelete

© Woke Up Twenty
Maira Gall