Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Hormones

I said something the other day to someone about crying a lot becuase of the hormones in my body. I am now distracted by a ladybug who just so happened to land on a nearby ledge. A little sign of hope or luck in these times of high hormonal build up. It seems that before and after getting my period I get sad. Everything makes me cry. Yesterday, something upset me and today I can't help to tear up at words, music, and the thoughts in my head. I cry a lot. I think that's how I tend to cope with my emotions too.

Referring back to what I said in my last post about crying if you need to regardless of whether you have time or not is relevant. I want to cry becuase it helps me feel better. I think I am someone who is emotionally inclined! I want to cry more tears than I have left in my body. Build up of hormones could definitely make depression seem more dramatic.

Just putting it out there. Everyone has estrogen and testosterone. Males have more testosterone than females who are primarily estrogen heavy. I state this because someone pointed out females don't have testosterone so they get attached and fall in love and males don't because they have it. I'm calling bullshit.

I think I need more of these random non-directive posts in my life. It just feels good to spill out what is in my head on a platform that "put's it out into the world."

I took swings of my coffee to try and wake my TIRED, HORMONAL, AND ANXIOUS mind for the meeting I am about to have with one of my professors. I think all three of those things are closely related in terms of physiology. One affects the other affecting the other. Coffee probably isn't REALLY helping but oh well.

2 comments

  1. I think some of us really are just emotionally inclined and crying is our way of coping with feelings! I tend to be really emotional too and find that writing helps a lot and tv shows are a good distraction (I recommend Gilmore Girls lol), hope you feel better! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have to start watching it! Today, has been another of those days!

      Delete

© Woke Up Twenty
Maira Gall